Friday, October 3, 2008

The VP Debate - Palin doesn't get the job

Like all the rest of you, we watched the VP debate last night. My gut reaction is that the word "also" now needs to be removed from the English language, and if anyone winks at me today, I cannot be held responsible for what may happen next.

Seriously. Did anyone else find the winking to be completely over the top?

Think about it this way. Basically, Gov. Palin was in a job interview last night for the Vice Presidency of the United States. Which, incidentally, she answered like she was still doing the interview portion of the Miss Alaska contest. "As Vice-President of America, I would like to achieve world peace. Also, Joe Biden is really old. Also, John McCain is a maverick. Also, I am governor of Alaska. Also, I am also a maverick."

Palin refused to answer questions, even when she was blatantly called out for NOT answering the questions. She gave pat, rehearsed responses, shuffled her notes incessantly, and winked into the camera, dramatically on cue. In an attempt to be "folksy," she completely butchered the English language. (God help me, I cannot take 4 more years of "nuQlar." I may go nuclear.) If you were a manager hiring a person for a position at your business, would you HIRE this woman?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't hire her to be my town dog catcher!